Unisys Corporation is a global information technology company with more than 20,000 employees that work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations.
Over 60 percent of Unisys employees are non-native English speakers working outside of the United States. Many were not confident in their English-speaking abilities, and the company viewed this lack of confidence as harmful to productivity. Talented employees were not fully participating in conferences or meetings.
The company’s goal was to have employees feel comfortable speaking up during meetings, writing emails and interacting in their workplace, thereby achieving higher levels of productivity and saving work hours through more effective communications.
The rich, relevant library of content available via the Learnship Halo platform enabled Unisys to launch a single program suitable for service agents needing to improve their Business English skills and robust enough for higher-level managers to develop more advanced writing, reading, speaking and listening skills.
The program’s library of content learning extended from business skills like running a meeting or handling disagreements to productivity tools with email templates and cultural briefings.
Of the 2,153 employees who partook in the most recent internal survey:
- 93% said it helped them improve their English at work.
- 95% of employees were very satisfied with the program
- 84% can understand documents more clearly and communicate more effectively
- Overall, employees saved an average of 2.4 hours per week using the program.
- Unisys projected this as saving about 26,912 person-days of productivity per year.
Ready to get started?
Let’s talk about what you need.